From a teaching point of view, the real beauty of a farm visit is that you can use your surroundings to teach so much of the National Curriculum, from science and geography, to literacy and art.
Just a few curriculum-linked ideas include:
- Using the landscape to generate creative writing and artistic ideas
- Conservation studies and finding out how farming has shaped our landscape
- Using nature to teach numeracy, such as carrying out a tree survey
- Finding out about rural history
- Learning about healthy eating and why it matters
- Learning more about nature and wildlife