Uncleby Education Centre was originally established as a school. The first reference to the school house is in 1817, when the schoolmaster was paid £15 for eighteen months work.
The building continued to be used as a school and chapel until 23 June 1974 when a dwindling congregation and reorganisation of the local Methodist Chapel circuit forced its closure. The building was derrelict until 2013 when it was rennovated by Halifax Estates and Natural England to provide a venue for education in the countryside.
The house at Manor Farm dates back to the 1700s. Farm workers used to live in the attic and the hooks for their coats are still around the chimney breast.